Sunday, July 3, 2011

So much :)

Well, all kinds of things have been going on this week! We started a new sleep schedule, with Addy only taking one nap in the afternoons for about 2 hours. She also only sleeps 11 hrs at night, instead of her "old" usual 12. And it all happened in one night, so funny :) We also got Addy eating grownup veggies. She likes peas and corn, and we got her to eat broccoli one night, but she wanted nothing to do with it yesterday in her mac and cheese. Friday we started our holiday weekend by going to have lunch with daddy. Saturday, I took a practice PCAT test, while daddy and Addy went to Target and Walgreens. Addy showed off to all the older people at Walgreens, at least that's what I hear. Then after nap, we went and purchased bedroom furniture! It's finally time that we actually buy something that is in our room (honestly, the only thing we purchased that is in there is our mattress). And speaking of bedrooms, the next people to visit Hotel Gentry should be pleasantly surprised at the accommodations :)

Sunday, we went to church where I think an inaudible baby siren went off at some point, because Addy started crying and being fussy, so I took her out, and there were about 6 babies out there with their parents, and all of them were about the same age! After lunch and nap, we tried to go to a luau/waterslide party, which turned into a monsoon, so it was an indoor birthday party. The storms lasted all afternoon, but I think Evan had a good first birthday party anyway. Addy of course enjoyed the cupcakes.

Monday, we went to the 4th of July parade. We weren't sure if we were going to go, since it was so rainy, but it was light rain, so we decided to brave it. It was rainy up until the parade started, and then most of the parade was dry, with a quick rain shower in the middle. Then, just as we were packing up the chairs, the sun came out, and daddy ended up with quite a sunburn on his neck. Who would have thought! After the parade, we went to the carnival for some food and then to the grandstand for music and dancing. Addy was having fun, but I think the people watching her were having even more fun. She was loving it! After we got home and had a nap, Addy got to try out one of her birthday presents for the first time-her pool! She was having a blast splashing the water; she was in there for half an hour! After dinner, a bath and a walk, it was time for Addy to go to bed. Josh and I went outside to the driveway with Toby to watch all the fireworks around the neighborhoods. It was quite an impressive display!

Today, Addy and I braved the heat and went to the park in the morning. It sure felt hotter than the 80 degrees it was at 9am. For snack, Addy ate her first watermelon slice by herself. She was really enjoying it, though she kept trying to eat the rind. Eventually she did get a little piece of it, and immediately tried to spit it out. It was really funny! Then when daddy got home, we had a little more pool time, and then Addy got to see and play with some of her first fireworks. She got to see sparklers and a few bigger fireworks that daddy set off. Then Addy got to set off fireworks-the "snap and pops" that daddy calls them (the white teardrops that you throw and they spark). She liked them alot :) Toby, not as much, but he was interested :) Then we put Addy to bed and set off more with the neighbors. Toby kept barking at these certain spinners that the neighbor had. It was kind of funny :) He picked his favorite!

Wet diaper, coming through....

What a fun 4th! Excited for next year when Addy can go see the fireworks with us, and she'll enjoy the parade even more!

Here are a bunch of videos, some are recent, some I'm just finally getting to. Enjoy!

Yogurt Video:

Dog chasing:

Making sweet music:

Messing around:

Eating watermelon:

Dancing with daddy:

Pool time:

And long long ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment